ANYONE WHO PEAKS
IS IN OUR BLOOD.
When von Scheven was established in 1937, miners were still working with pneumatic hammers, and valves were key components when it came to regulating the air pressure of this equipment and managing groundwater drainage. For decades, those valves were supplied by companies based in Sprockhövel – including von Scheven.
Our founder Rudolf von Scheven quickly recognised the potential of new plastic materials when it came to making dimensionally stable seals. This led to the development of the first ball valves, initially just for use in established fields, then later, above all with the introduction of hydraulic systems underground, for more complex jobs that required much higher pressures. This heralded the dawn of the “completely full bore in open position”.
Other industries soon learned about this innovative, robust and highly reliable valve technology. This marked the beginning of von Scheven’s expansion –culminating in an administrative and production facility that currently spans 6,000 square metres. Led by our managing director Dr. Mathias Wullstein, we have a track record of excellence in supplying markets around the globe.